Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In the belly of a paradox...

"The sign Jesus promised to the generation that did not understand Him was the "sign of Jonah the prophet" - that is, the sign of his own resurrection. The life of every monk, of every priest, of every Christian is signed wit the sign of Jonah, because we all live by the power of Christ's resurrection. But I feel that my own life is especially sealed with this great sign, which baptism and monastic profession and priestly ordination have burned into the roots of my being, because like Jonah himself I find myself traveling toward my destiny in the belly of a paradox"

-Thought this quote from Thomas Merton was a good one, for I feel the same way, that I am travelling toward my destiny in the belly of a paradox. I know this is where faith comes in. Paul said that we only see through dark glass. I know this, but at times I wish I had some Windex.

No comments: