Monday, June 13, 2005

I am not Sure about Stuff...

I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure about alot of things. I am not sure where I will be in 3 years. I am not sure how God is all knowing and yet he created us with the ability to choose freely and mess things up. I am not sure why I like to daydream alot. I am not sure why my wife married me, although she says its because she loves me. I am not sure if evolution is all that wrong, or if God chose to create using a form of it. I am not sure what hair style I want. I am not sure what it means to be a good dad. I am not sure exactly the impact of preaching on people's lives. I am not sure if I agree with everything my church denomination believes in. I am not sure what it means to be poor, and what it means to be rich. I am not sure if Jesus would pastor my church like I do. I am not sure....about alot of things. But I am sure that God loves me, and that he sent his son Jesus to show me this. The rest...I will trust in him for. I guess that is what faith is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, that maybe so, but then there we go again around the logical round about, unable to find a sensible place to exit. I have come to realize that it is not wrong to hold two things together in the midst of logical confusion. God is all knowing, and he did create us with free-will. There, I said it. I don't know how they fit together, and you know what, I don't have to. That is a load off.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know a place where they sell those balloons that blow up into funny shapes? Just plain round is not too funny.

Anonymous said...

I like it that you think alot about these things!
Here's a good source to get your Creation vs. Evolution juices flowing: http://www.christiananswers.com/creation/aqoo/home.html

And when you talk about war being wrong...are you talking about defensive war or offensive war? or all of it? is there a point when the person who opposes all war eventually will be overtaken by...war, of all things? Heaven will be wonderful, won't it?