Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Irreplaceable Resource

Time. I don't have much of it. I waste entirely too much of what I have, and yet I continue to pray for more. I am continually fighting against it. Yet, it is what keeps things going in my life. What would it be like to be outside of time? I wonder about what Paul meant when he said "to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ". Does that mean we take a step outside of the time space continuum? Are we able to see time as an object, like I am looking at the box of kleenexes on my desk right now? What would it feel like to be outside of time? We can't imagine it, because we are so wrapped up in it. It directs us, drives us. It tells us when we are supposed to leave the house, eat lunch, come home. It tells us what we are supposed to do and when. I think I need a break from time. Is that what Jesus was doing when he stepped away from the crowds? Taking a break from time? I don't know, but I have to stop typing. I am out of time.

1 comment:

John said...

Now if we could invent a machine that could manufacture time....