Saturday, July 09, 2005

the human condition

I am preaching a message on sin tomorrow. I don't know about other ministers, but I don't like to preach about sin. As a matter of fact, I don't like the subject altogether. But the reality is, we can't get away from it. There have many in our world who just choose to ignore it, believing that if they close their eyes to sin it will go away. They are the ones that are usually surprised by its pain, wishing then they had their eyes open. Then there are those who like to say it doesn't exist all together. Your OK, I'm Ok, no one does anything wrong, for if you do something that is wrong for me, it doesn't mean it is wrong, it just means that it is wrong for me. Well, I am quite amazed to believe that anyone can still hold to this idea, coming out of a century that gave us 2 world wars, and the evils of Hitler and Stalin. There is such a thing as wrong, and 9/11 reminded us of this again. Now we just have to see in our life where we are wrong.
Then there are those that never see wrong in themselves, but always in others. I feel as a nation we have a problem with this. If you listen to the American Conservative Radio Waves, (no particular host in mind), you will never hear the mistakes of this nation, only that we are the "greatest nation on earth". The reality is, we have been a part of many wrong decsions, and have made many disasterous mistakes.
Don't know where I am going with this, just rambling I guess. The good news, which I am preaching tomorrow, is that there is a remedy for sin in our personal life. ANd a bunch of personal lives together make a community which can transform the world. Thats God's plan anyways.

No comments: