Monday, July 10, 2006

the longer it goes...

It is kind of like a friend you know that you should have called a long time ago. The longer you wait to call that friend, the harder it is to call. It isn't like you don't like the friend, it is just that you feel bad for not calling, so what do you do? You don't call. The days turn to weeks, the weeks to months. There it is, surely the friendship is hurt, right? What if I called now? What if I just did it? Oh well, I will go on not calling. Hopefully the friend won't hate me. Hopefully the friend has gone on with his life. What if he hasn't? What if he is steaming mad, and now he doesn't want to take my call? But...what if he is forgiving? What if he loves me so much that it doesn't matter how long I have put it off? What if he will be excited to hear from me despite my failure to talk to him? Is that possible? It doesn't seem so. That would have to be the perfect friend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Phil,
Good to hear from you man. I am just going to say it...I got your message and forgot to call back. I am a bad friend. There, no that I have had my pity party. How are things? Married life treating you OK. Tell Judy and Jessie I said hi.
Give me your number again.
My email is bthomas@covenant-hospice.com

Unknown said...

I love lamp...
and of course you my friend.
If you would switch to Verizon we could talk all the time for free...but you don't so Tif and I are going to go get married again and there will be garlands of herbs, and we will have a family band, traveling the world, and you will not be invited.

Monk-in-Training said...

I am glad u blogged! It is always great to see your stuff. :)